* I had another birthday
* My whole family had a stomach virus except me (3 week ordeal)
* We went on a beach vacation with our dear friends who travelled from Hamburg Germany
* My middle little broke his arm
* My middle little got pneumonia
* My oldest little got a virus
* My littlest little got the flu (they don't check for it, but it was suggested)
* I went to multiple states: NC, SC, GA, AL, TN, FL, VA, MD, NJ, IL, MI, WA, & KY.
* I took the kids & my wife on their collective first Tailgating experience
* I've to every home Carolina Panthers Game except Philly & I saw them play in TN
* I took my oldest to the season opener of the Charlotte Hornets.
* I celebrated an anniversary (12 years)
* I celebrated my wife's birthday
* Drove an average of 6K miles a month (thanks company car!)
* I was hit at full speed on the interstate (no injuries to anyone & not my fault)
* I've cried
* I've laughed
* I've hurt
* I had a fridge go out
* I had a disposal go out
* I had a dishwasher go out
* I had a range go out
* I put a microwave in.......because of the previous 4 lines
* I joined a gym
* I made four pies for Thanksgiving
* I've watched the Vols play football
* I left Twitter for good
* I've failed
* I've failed more
* I failed to keep a promise to read a book a month & blog about it
* I've seen my two oldest get Terrific Kid awards (A win for them and the family)
* I've been on countless calls with folks who need Jesus
* I've hosted many folks at my house
* We (my family) have struggled with life & sharing life
* I've seen the Lord create the most unexpected community around me and my family for us to share with others and it looks nothing like I envisioned when we left Georgia and that Body of Believers for the Carolinas.
So that is in a snapshot why I have not been active online. I've learned I'm a hands on guy whether its about Jesus, Family, Friends, Work, Sports........I want to be there and be present. I want to encourage anyone who reads this to be hands on. Be present and make the best of "where" you think you are.
The bottom line is this: The list above is not where I am or where I've been; where I am and where I have been in Jesus Christ with others who do or don't recognize that.